Sunday, June 18, 2017

Dark Circle Drama

I write this post both as a potential reassurance for others and as a (semi) cry for help. 

I have dark under eye circles.

So dark, in fact, that they match my soul.

Just kidding, I don't have a soul.

Kidding again! You're a gullible bunch.

Regardless of the state of my soul, you're probably thinking, So what, Maggie? Every human being on this planet has dark circles. And that's true. But it's also true that a lot of people are able to cover up their dark circles or erase them with a good night's sleep or a gallon or two of water. 

That is not the case for me. For years I have tried to cover up my dark circles. People who know me probably don't even notice them, but that doesn't mean I don't feel self-conscious of myself because of them. They make me look tired and older than my ripe 20 years. And I feel like I'm the only person on the entire planet who struggles with this. Even though I know that that's completely illogical and just not true. 

However, after looking back on some old home videos, I noticed something. My young, freckled, fresh-faced self had dark circles. ??? Young-uns shouldn't have dark circles?! But, alas, I did. And still do. And it's because my dark circles are hereditary. No amount of sleep or water will change the state of them. 

Still, I like to at least try my best to appear like I'm a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 20 year old, not like a tired, dehydrated woman battling with a mid-life crisis. 

Lately, I've been trying these three products, along with moisturizer, lots of water, and at least 7 hours of sleep each night:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
NYX Dark Circle Concealer
Hard Candy Color Correct Cushion Wonder


You might notice that these are drugstore products, and the simple reason behind that is because I've got two more years of tuition to pay. Whoopee. HOWEVER, if I get really desperate and if someone has a holy grail product that's high end, let me know and I'll definitely splurge. 

Still, out of these three, I've come to love the Hard Candy concealer the best. It has the most peachy color to contrast dark circles, and it has a great consistency, smooth and creamy. 

So if you're like me, a hopeless 20-year-old girl with hereditary dark circles, this is a post to let you know that you're not the only one with stubborn dark circles, and this is what I do to combat mine. Not super effective, but it'll do for now.

If you have any products, tips, or tricks that help YOU combat your dark circles, don't hesitate to let me know! I'd be more than happy to hear from you, and thanks for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment