Sunday, May 7, 2017

Summer Plans




There are about 36 hours standing between me and my freedom. My sophomore year of college has been successful and memorable, but I'm ready to say goodbye to schoolwork and hello to summer. I thought I'd share with you some of my summer plans, because I've got quite a few exciting plans for the next four months!

1. New Summer Job
This summer I landed a paid internship at a substantial business in my hometown. I'll be working in the marketing department, trying my hand at technical writing among other things. I'm so relieved to have gotten this job, as it's an 8-5, Monday-Friday deal, so I'll be getting lots of experience (and money) but I'll have the weekends to relax and have some fun!

2. Family Camping Trip
Each summer for I don't even know how many years now, we have gone camping on Madeline Island (click HERE  to read about!). Even though we're missing a family member this year, our trip is still a go, albeit a little earlier because brother is starting college this fall (!!!!!).



3. Family Wedding
A cousin of mine is getting married this summer, so my family will be taking some time off to head up to northern Minnesota to attend! I do love me a good wedding. The wedding is near our family cabin, (click HERE to read about!) so we'll get to spend time up there for a day or two. I haven't been up in a couple of years because my summer schedule has been pretty crazy-packed these past couple years, so I'm looking forward to going back.



4. Lake Time
My house back home is on a lake, so even if we can't manage to squeeze in a vacation over the summer, we're still set. My dad bought a new speedboat because his old one kept dying in the middle of the lake, so I plan on getting my boater's license this summer so I can take the new boat out for a spin with friends. I plan on doing a lot of tubing, swimming, and cruising this summer!



5. Minnesota Renaissance Festival
I am a shameless medieval/renaissance/fantasy nerd, so a trip to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival is an absolute must for me. I first went when I was a junior in high school (after hearing about it from my mom for a number of years), and now I just can't stay away. It's an absolute dream if you love food, crafts, games, fantasy, or history.


Thanks for reading! Let me know what summer plans you're looking forward to in the comments below!



1 comment:

  1. OMG you're photos are amazing
    a lot of kisses
    violetofficial.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete