Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Women Who Inspire Me

I was planning to write this post and put it up earlier in the month, not even thinking about International Women's Day, but school work got the best of me, and I've been putting it off for quite some time. However, there's never a bad time to write about women who inspire you - better late than never!

Below is a list of women - both friends and family, celebrities and public figures - who inspire me, who I admire, or who just deserve a round of applause for being incredible women in my eyes.

Family
I am so blessed to have such an amazing and supporting group of women in my family. My grandmother, who is coming up on her 95th birthday this June, is a spit-fire and a sass-master. My mom is kind, caring, and supportive. My sister is driven and joyous. My cousins are dreamers, activists, mothers, and comedians. I am lucky to have them.

Friends
I can tell my girlfriends just about anything. They each have their own wild, glowing personalities and we laugh, cry, laugh-cry, and cry-laugh together. I'm grateful for their presence in my life.

Other

Karlie Kloss























I've followed Karlie on social media for some time now, and she is such an inspirational figure. Aside from being a drop-dead gorgeous ACTUAL REAL LIFE SUPERMODEL, Karlie started a program called Kode with Klossy. It's a program that encourages girls to pursue coding in order to create a world in which they have the opportunity to succeed and receive deserved recognition in the sciences. Karlie works hard to help others and the environment, and she spreads such positivity and power.

Estee Lalonde


























Estee is one of my favorite Lifestyle and Beauty Bloggers/Vloggers/YouTubers. Her style is incredible, and I absolutely LIVE for her sense of humor. Estee's confidence makes me feel like I can do anything and be anyone I want to be. She created a hashtag, #personalbest, to encourage people to try to do their best and not to compare your success or failures to others', but to embrace who you are and what you're capable of.

Sarah J. Maas


























If you're reading my blog for the first time, Sarah J. Maas is pretty much one of my favorite authors. I'm a total fantasy nerd, and Sarah has two successful Young Adult/New Adult fantasy series, the Throne of Glass series and the A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy. I admire Sarah for her creativity (I seriously LOVE her books), and for her determination. In several interviews, Sarah has mentioned how when she was younger, she stopped reading so that she'd fit in. Later, however, she rediscovered her self and her happiness in books - particularly in fantasy books. Because of Sarah's stories, she inspires me to read, to write,to embrace the things I love, and to express myself as much as possible. She also writes some boss female characters, which doesn't hurt.

Emma Watson

























Of course, I had to throw an actress in my list. I love acting, I love film, I love stories, and man oh man was it hard to choose just one. Out of the extensive list of actresses I adore (Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Audrey Hepburn, Kate Winslet, the list goes on...) I just had to go with Emma Watson. I grew up reading Harry Potter and waiting for the film installments to come out. But despite the fact that Emma has grown up in the spotlight and is a crazy talented actress, she's so grounded and intelligent. She's an advocate for equality, and I think she sends a great message to young girls.

Hope you enjoyed reading, and let me know in the comments below who you look up to and why!


9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post! It's so incredible that there's so many of us who love and are inspired by Emma Watson!

    TOUCHOFGS // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I'm always so interested in knowing who people find inspiring and why :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I also love it, I feel like you can really tell a person's character and beliefs and values just from knowing who they admire. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! It's so great to be inspired by other women and have people to look up to!

    https://blog.nobasisinreality.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I really like it!

    XO

    Daria

    http://www.dbkstylez.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete