Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sending Love to the People I Love

Happy Valentine's Day! This year I thought I'd like to write some love letters to my friends and family. While I could just shoot them a text, I think writing a letter makes it a bit more personal, something that says you really care. Of course, there's never a bad time to tell someone you love them, but I think Valentine's Day is just a good reminder to us all that we should express our love and gratitude towards the people we care about.



I went to Target (which is a very dangerous place) and picked up some cute (CHEAP) stationary, just so I could have a variety to choose from and send out. I also picked up some PaperMate Flair Felt Tip Pens to write out my notes. I love these because they don't bleed OR smudge, and they have really vivid color payoff. (Good for coloring in coloring books too, I've found!)








Of course, I had to get stickers. I'm in a sticker craze at the moment. I can't get enough stickers. I want to stick them everyone. On and in notebooks, on my planner, my journals. Everywhere.




I also used a set of stationary that I got at a really cute paper/stationary/craft shop in Madison, WI a few years ago to send my parents a valentine. Since the cards are unique and a bit more special than your standard brand of stationary you'd find at Target, I thought I'd use it to send to my parents.




I also got some big glitter chunks (because I really, really couldn't resist) but I ended up not using them because they were really static and stuck to everything. So my idea to have chunky glitter fall out of the cards like happy, glittery valentine confetti when the recipients opened them was scratched. But even though they're a pain to deal with, they still look pretty. So there's that.






I hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day, and I hope you get the chance to let someone know you love them! Thanks for reading!




6 comments:

  1. I agree, it's awesome to take the time to write out a card for people you care about! I love target, but if I go into the dollar section I'll end up spending way more than planned... Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly a painful experience, trying to pry myself away from the dollar section, haha.

      Delete
  2. These are really pretty cards!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I love stationary...so...much.

      Delete
  3. I'm such a sucker for cute stationary!!! I actually like the selection at Target and usually find myself not being able to resist a new notebook when I'm there. I recently purchased a planner for my blog and it's made a huge difference!

    www.withlovekatie.com

    ReplyDelete