Thursday, January 12, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Sister Sister

My older sister graduated college last spring, and was accepted into a pretty prestigious volunteer program. In the fall, she went to Washington DC, where she trained for said program. Just three days ago, we dropped her off at the airport where she flew to Bolivia, her assigned destination. She'll be volunteering there for the next two years, and is encouraged not to come home during that time. Needless to say, saying goodbye to her oldest daughter wrecked my mom. My dad even cried a little. My dad. 

While I know she's off doing great things with her life and helping people and having adventures, I will miss her. Hopefully we'll get to visit her while she's there, but for now, these throwback pictures of me and my big sissy will have to suffice.

Enjoy our adorable chubby cheeks and sisterly adoration.







4 comments:

  1. These are such cute photos!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great opportunity for her! I've always wanted a sister - I've always thought it would be so great to have the relationship that only sisters can have. My brothers aren't too bad though... Haha

    www.athousandreasonstosmile.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky, one sister, one brother. I'm just stuck in the middle, haha. :)

      Delete