Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Recent Favorites

I haven't kept up with the whole "monthly favorites" thing, but that's okay. Because sometimes I don't have a lot of favorites in one month. Because sometimes you can like things for MORE than one month. Anyways, while I was home for Winter Break, I did find that I was favoring several new items, and I thought I would share them with you. So without further ado...

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven


All the Bright Places is a YA novel about suicide, mental illness, and young love. And let me tell you, this is one of the best YA novels out there. It hurts your heart and twists your stomach in the best way possible. Give it a read. I will always recommend this book to someone.



Bath&BodyWorks Frosted Cranberry Candle



I discovered this scent a few years ago and it has been my favorite winter scent ever since. Being that I can't burn candles when I'm at school, I took advantage of my time home and lit it at every chance I had.



Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips



I'm fairly sure these are relatively new. I bought it at Walmart one day just because I wanted to try it out, and I love it. Not only is it convenient because it's in a nice, slim, tin, but it's also really moisturizing and I love that this one is tinted.



Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau de Toilette




My friend used to work at a perfume counter, and I would always visit her and pick out my favorite perfumes. This was one of them, and my mom surprised me with it this year for Christmas. It's very light and floral and I absolutely adore it. Look at that packaging. I can't even bring myself to throw the box away. 



Brookside Chocolates


Brookside's dark chocolates with fruity centers have been my weakness lately. I bought a huge bag the other day and finished it within the week. I'm not even sorry. My favorite flavor is pomegranate.


Best Fiends


Of course this post isn't sponsored. Come on, really? Me, sponsored? At this stage? In any case, I know Best Fiends sponsors a lot of videos on YouTube, which is how I heard about it. I'm not one for phone games. This is literally the only gaming app on my phone, but that is because I love it. I'm not ashamed to say that I am addicted.


"Black Mirror" on Netflix


And finally, my last favorite is Black Mirror on Netflix. I know, I know, I'm a little late to the game on this one. I hopped on the Stranger Things bandwagon right away, but it took a while with Black Mirror. I'll blame it on the fact that I had too much on my plate with school to handle something as mind-blowing and brain-twisting as Black Mirror. But, I'm here now! And it's an ingenious show and I love it.

Congrats! You've made it to the end of this post! I hope you enjoyed, and be sure to leave me a comment letting me know some of your recent favorites.



16 comments:

  1. I love All The Bright Places! I don't think I've ever read a book as fast as I read that one before! I agree that it's totally a must read. Also, I love these photos - what camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Canon T6, and I normally just use the standard 18-55 mm lens...nothing fancy by any means! I'm pretty new to the whole photography world.

      Delete
    2. Your may be new to photography, but your photos don't show that! I'm new to photography too, but my photos aren't as good as yours are! At least not yet... Haha :)

      Delete
    3. Well thank you, though I do have a lot to learn. We'll learn together! :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to read the book, thanks for the recommendation!

    https://youtu.be/K1rf_r6lLDs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black mirror and miss dior! We might actually have the same taste so maybe I shall give your recommendations a go. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like everything, haha! :)

      Delete
  4. I have the Vaseline Lip Therapy as well and I love it. Mu lips have never felt more moisturized! Nice Post!
    http://missashleeblogs.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get my hands on the other ones as well just to give them a try! But I do love the pink tint of this one.

      Delete
  5. Miss Dior perfume is absolutely amazing, One of my favourites

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly my favorite. It will always have a special place in my heart. And in my nose. :)

      Delete
  6. I adore that Vaseline lip therapy, and it works really well. I also love Bath & Body Works candles! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get my hands on the other ones to try them out. Though I am partial to a bit of a tint. :)

      Delete