Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankful For...

I know, I know, it's totally cliche to do a post like this the day before Thanksgiving. But I was thinking: even though the reality is that Thanksgiving itself was founded because of a horrific and pretty shameful historical event, it still warrants a post like this because there's nothing wrong with sitting down and reflecting - truly reflecting - on what you're thankful for. 

So here's what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for warm beds and candles, for journals and pens and good books. I'm thankful for fuzzy socks and hot chocolate and fresh air and clean water, and especially for pizza. This wouldn't be a proper list without pizza. And bread. I'm thankful for that, too.

I'm thankful for my mom and dad who love me and support me, and I guess I'm thankful for my brother and sister. Just don't tell them I said that. I'm thankful for my education, even though I'm pretty sure I'll go prematurely grey because of it.

I'm thankful for my friends and for late nights and laughing fits. I'm thankful for matching PJ's and Gilmore Girls marathons (you know who you are) and I'm thankful for the changing seasons.

I'm thankful for all dogs everywhere, especially mine. I'm thankful for cats too, in case you were wondering. I'm just a little more thankful for dogs, that's all. I'm thankful for sleep and dreams and strong women and role models, for people who inspire and people who create.

I'm thankful for a whole lot of other things, but I want to know what you're thankful for.

Leave a comment letting me know! Thanks for reading, and Happy Thanksgiving!


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely positive post, I am so thankful for my beautiful baby girl life would not be the same without her. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. xx

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I do love me some babies! My cousin just had her third - a boy! He's the most precious creature ever! <3

      Delete
  2. This is a such cute post! I will always be thankful for my family and friends whether they realise it or not!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete