Sunday, November 27, 2016

Christmas Tree Picking

This year, instead of our usual Christmas tree pickup, we decided to go out and cut our own. There's a tree farm not 20 minutes from our house, so we went out and picked a beautiful fresh pine tree for our living room. We had gotten snow a couple days before this, but it all melted away, leaving a damp, muddy ground for walking. Despite the lack of snow, it was still pretty chilly!

Surprisingly, it took a while to decide which tree to get - there were SO MANY perfect ones. We had to keep in mind, though, that our living room ceiling is only 8 feet high. It was really hard to resist some truly beautiful - and enormous - trees. I mean, they're just trees, but trust me, they were beautiful. And the smell. I will never understand people who use fake Christmas trees. Nothing against them, of course. That's just not my type of Christmas tree.




















Mother and sister tree analyzing.

Brother tree gazing.

Father tree hunting.

Sister is home!

When we finally got home and rearranged the living room so that we could squish our tree into the corner, my mom strung up the lights and my brother, sister, and I set to work, opening our buckets of ornaments from Christmas's past.

My mom has always put colorful lights on our Christmas tree - we've never had a themed or strict color-coordinated Christmas tree. Each year my mom - er, I mean Santa - gets us a new ornament to add to our collection, and then on the tree it goes!

My very first Christmas ornament. Very baby-appropriate. Squishy and jolly.





Mamma sock monkey.

Papa sock money. 




I hope you enjoyed my pictures! Leave a comment below telling me what kind of Christmas tree you have and how you decorate it, and thanks for reading.


6 comments:

  1. I've never went Christmas tree picking, looks fun!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super fun! I'd totally recommend it if there's one near you!

      Delete
  2. I live in a tropical country, so I'd love to go to Christmas tree farm soon! Much better than just picking it up from the warehouse + the smell is fantastic! x

    Regina | Paper Hobbit's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much, MUCH better. And YES, I love the smell. Strangely enough, I HATE the smell of fake pine - like air fresheners and stuff. I only like real pine smell. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Ahh, this is so cute. I can't get enough of your blog.

    All the love
    http://zoxhssn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! I would love if you could please check out mine! www.saloniguptablog.wordpress.com thanks!

    ReplyDelete