Sunday, September 4, 2016

Back Again

It's Sunday, September 4th, so naturally I'm sitting in a room that's much too bare (and too small) for my likings, already putting off the pile of reading I have to do. That's right folks. I'm back at school. 

Last year was not a great year for me. I didn't make many friends, I was constantly homesick, and I felt trapped on campus. That being said, I didn't necessarily HATE my school or the people around me. I just wasn't very happy. This year, I'm hoping that will change. 

Now that my sister has graduated and off doing adult things in D.C., I've acquired her car. That in and of itself makes me feel a bit more comfortable and confident about this year because I know I can leave campus whenever I want, go home on weekends (and for my birthday in three weeks!), and run to the store if I need something. 

I'm also a bit more excited about this year because now that I've declared my major, I can start thinking more confidently about my future - about classes I'm going to take, places I might want to study abroad (Ireland? Maybe?) and possible career options. 

My roommates and I are getting along really well which is always a great thing. We go to dinner and campus activities together, and I've probably done more things in this first past week than I did throughout all of last year because of them. 

One thing last year that I was awful at was class participation. I'm someone who would rather listen and jot down notes than join in on conversation, which is something that I hate. I hate that I don't like to speak in class. This year I'm really challenging myself to share my ideas and opinions a bit more rather than sit back and let others take over. 

I'm really going to do my best to keep a positive attitude this year. I'm going to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone. I'm going to try to relax and not worry so much this year, about anything and everything, but I'm going to work hard. 

And that's it. I'm back again for a new year and I'm going to make it a good one. Thanks for reading! 








No comments:

Post a Comment