Monday, June 6, 2016

Book Favorite: Throne of Glass

Yes I just posted a book favorite. Yes I'm posting another one. Deal with it. It's not my fault - blame Sarah J. Maas and her series Throne of Glass. I know, I know, I'm a little late to the game with this series, but seeing as I read the four books in two weeks and am now, with all the other Throne of Glass fans, waiting for the fifth one to come out, I think it's safe to say I'm caught up.


Similar to how A Court of Thorns and Roses has a slight Beauty and the Beast undertone, Throne of Glass has a slight Cinderella undertone in the first book. Other than that, the series is about an infamous and deadly assassin, Celaena Sardothien. Captured and imprisoned in the salt mines of Endovier, Celaena is released at the behest of the Prince of Adarlan, but only if she promises to compete and ensure her victory to be the King of Adarlan's personal assassin for a few years before earning her true freedom. 

Throughout the four books of the series that are out right now - Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, and Queen of Shadows - there were a lot of twists and turns, shocking reveals, frustrating situations, and yes, OH yes, romantic moments. I didn't realize how attached to and invested in the characters I really was until the final book, Queen of Shadows. Oh boy. Just thinking about the events of that book take my breath away. 





If you're looking for a YA fantasy story to read, this is the story for you. Whereas A Court of Thorns and Roses is a bit more, shall we say, new adult, this one is a bit more tame. Still, it was a great read, and I can't wait for book 5, Empire of Storms to be released in September. 

Check out my other Book Favorite post on A Court of Thorns and Roses where you'll find a link to Sarah J. Maas's website! If you've read this series, leave me a comment telling me what you think about it, and if you haven't, what are some of your favorite fantasy novels or series? I always love hearing from you!










2 comments: