Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Book Favorite: A Court of Thorns and Roses

I've been reading. Yes, folks, reading. The days of Netflix are behind me (for now) and I've been fully immersed in the written word for the past month.

It started at the end of the school year when I was so bored out of my mind because I was just waiting for the end to come. While I certainly know how to binge a good show on Netflix if I find one, it wasn't really doing anything for me other than killing time. So, I picked up my Kindle and bought a few new books to read, as the good ol' re-reads weren't really doing anything for me either.

And BOY let me tell you, I'm glad I did it.

Earlier in the school year I had read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. It was SUCH a good book, but just after finishing it I discovered that the next book of the trilogy WASN'T OUT YET. GUYS. IT WAS TERRIBLE. So naturally, I forgot all about it after a month or two.

That is, until a desperate-to-kill-time-Maggie went onto the Kindle store and saw that the next book, A Court of Mist and Fury was out.

Needless to say, that book ended up in my Kindle library within seconds.

Now, enough rambling, onto more important things: why this series is the best thing in the world. (Forgive me if I get carried away).




This soon-to-be completed trilogy is pure fantasy. Magic, fantastical creatures, horrible monsters, romance, adventure - it's all there. There's a slight nod to the story of Beauty and the Beast, but overall the story is unique, thrilling, and captivating.

Essentially it's about  Feyre, a 19 year old girl who is brought against her will over the wall that separates the human world from the Fae world. And from there, I'm going to be one of those infuriatingly vague descriptors because I don't want to spoil anything for you if you're looking to read this book. Basically, she has to do lots of things to fix lots of problems and it's all narrated in an amazingly wonderful way.

So if you're a fan of fantasy and in need of a new story to sell your soul to, this trilogy is the one for you. One quick warning, however, is that the - ahem - more intimate scenes can be a little graphic, so I'd recommend not reading it unless you're comfortable with that. Still, the story is intriguing and exciting and I'm very glad I invested WAY too much of my life into the characters and the plotline.

The title of the third and final installment of the trilogy is yet to be revealed, but it is set to be published in 2017. Click HERE for Sarah J. Maas's website, where you can find links to her Spotify (with playlists that inspire her stories), her blog, her merchandise, and all her social media accounts.

Let me know in the comments if you've read the ACOTAR trilogy and what you think about it! If you haven't read it, what is your favorite fantasy story?







3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, thank you for sharing this with us. Hope to see you on my blog www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk !! Have a lovely week. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of these books but they seem interesting !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are! Definitely give them a go if you need a new book series to read!

      Delete