Thursday, April 14, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Summers at the Cabin

Summer vacation: so close yet so far. I'm very close to throwing all my papers out the window. You heard me. Despite the fact that I'm on the verge of going insane, I have maintained enough of my composure to write up a blog post. In honor of this coming summer (and to help me through these last few weeks of school) I thought I'd share with you what a summer trip to my family cabin looks like.



My family cabin isn't just a weekend getaway where we spend the day swimming and cooking out and then fall asleep on the way home that same evening. No no, my family cabin is more like a run-down resort crawling with daddy long legs - in the most charming and nostalgic way possible, of course. It takes us four hours to get to our northern Minnesota destination, and when we do get there, we stay for a while.

Just to further orient your imagination, when I say "cabin," I should really be saying "cabins." My family (that is, extended family - aunts, uncles, cousins 500 time removed) owns land in northern Minnesota, land that we built cabins on. Now don't go crazy on me, thinking that we have like 50 log cabins and a water park and all that. It's 5 small to medium sized cabins - no more, no less. We have a pretty nice beach though, not going to lie.

Just ignore the seaweed on the shoreline - I never said it was a Caribbean beach. NORTHERN MINNESOTA, PEOPLE.
My summers spent up at the cabin, or as we call it, "the Lake," consist of Shell Wars on the beach, getting out of the water and praying you don't have The Itch, singing songs around the campfire, and of course, laying on the beach at night and stargazing. The sunsets are also to die for. Proof:


A trip to the Lake also consists of getting giant ice cream cones and eating said cones, agate hunting at the Island, (did I mention some of the land we own happens to be a small island just off the shore? Don't get too excited, it's covered in poison ivy) and the occasional game of mini-golf.

Cotton Candy and Licorice Chip - don't judge. And yes, of COURSE I ate the whole thing. Who do you think I am?

My hole-in-one. This was achieved out of sheer luck, I assure you. 

This place is essentially my second home - I've literally been going since I was in the womb. THE WOMB. It holds many memories, and I really hope I can find time to make it up this coming summer.

Leave a comment telling me what you're looking forward to this summer, or where you'd like to go!

My sister and I being adorable on a pontoon boat up at the Lake. Because this IS a Throwback post.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post )

    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I do what I can with an iPhone camera :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I do what I can with an iPhone camera :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks! I do what I can with an iPhone camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most adorable photo on the bottom of the post, I am jealous of your cuteness.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete