Saturday, April 2, 2016

March Favorites

It's that time of the month - Favorites time! This is my first official "Monthly Favorites" and hopefully I won't slack off (or forget) to do more.



March was a pretty chill month for me, and by chill I mean I was tearing my hair out by the roots trying to hold on to as much sanity as I could before Easter break came. Granted, three weeks before Easter break I was on Spring break, but school is school, people. I did, however, find myself noting a few things throughout the month that I was loving, and I thought I'd share them with you today.

Beauty

Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo:
This is probably the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. It really left my hair feeling soft and shiny, plus it smells REALLY nice. Also, now that I've found a good dry shampoo it means showering less which sounds disgusting, but in reality, is a very very magical thing for a college student. Less showering = more sleep.



L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Polish: I own three shades - Pink Me Up!, L'Orange, and Greycian Goddess - and this month I rediscovered them. The formula is more on the watery side, but I almost like that better than a thicker formula because it goes on easier. The brushes are also really flat and square which makes painting nails a breeze!




Sheer Lipsticks: If you're timid to try a full on creme or matte lipstick, or if you're just looking for a moisturizing lip product that'll also give you color, I highly recommend sheer lipsticks. I've been using two in particular this month: Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya, and L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm Pop in the shade Pink Satin. They're perfect springtime colors, and they moisturize as well.




nspa Rich Body Butter by Nirvana Spa: This stuff is a lifesaver. If you're looking for a cheaper version of a body butter from the Body Shop or Bath and Body Works, this is it. Even though it's cheaper, it's reasonably buttery and very moisturizing. This month I've been loving the Mango scent, but I've also tried the Vanilla scent which is just as nice.



Other

Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans: I mean, it was Easter this month. I had to eat jelly beans. I HAD TO. Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans are my favorite. Starburst Jelly Bean lovers - no hate please.

Jesus Christ Superstar: JC Superstar is a ROCK OPERA - bear with me - by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. If you're familiar with those two gentlemen, then you know you're in for a treat. If not, please, do me a favor and get to know them and their work. Jesus Christ Superstar is a musical about the Passion of Jesus. You don't have to be religious to enjoy this film. Made in 1973, it stars Ted Neeley and Carl Anderson. I've been listening to the soundtrack all month because I hadn't heard it in so long, and I re-watched the movie twice. It's amazing. The music. I just. Ugh. So good.



Audrey Hepburn: I mean, Audrey has always been a favorite, but I've been in a bit of a Netflix slump and have just been watching movies lately. One night I decided to watch Charade, starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. Let me tell you, I fell in love with her all over again. I then had to satisfy my obsession and watch How to Steal a Million, with Peter O'Toole starring opposite Audrey. And of course, that left one Audrey movie unwatched on my part, so I had to re-watch Roman Holiday with Hollywood hunk Gregory Peck as Audrey's love interest. If you're in the mood to watch quirky, Old Hollywood rom-coms with engaging plotlines, do yourself a favor and watch these. "Watch anything with Audrey Hepburn" is basically the lesson I'm trying to teach here. You won't regret it.


What were YOU loving this month? 



No comments:

Post a Comment