Saturday, March 12, 2016

20 Simple Things to be Happy About

Ever felt as if nothing is going right? Ever wake up one day feeling sad for no reason? Ever just have an all around terrible day? If you answered no to any of those questions, you are a remarkable human being.

I definitely have had those days. I'm a student, so I'm stressed 99% of the time. Even more so, I'm a college student, so I don't get to see my family every day. While the initial homesickness has worn off, I still have days where I feel sad and could use a hug from my mom.

So if you've had a rough day at work, a stressful day in school, or the negativity in the world is bringing you down, here are 20 simple things in life that make me happy that will hopefully do the same for you.

1) Pictures of dogs and puppies.

2) Eating my favorite meal.

3) Taking a long, hot shower.

4) Beautiful weather and clear skies.

5) Getting into bed with freshly shaved legs.

6) Taking off chipped nail polish.

7) Journaling.

8) Watching my favorite movie or television show.

9) Hearing the birds chirp. (Spring is on its way!)

10) Finishing a book.

11) Wearing an outfit that makes me feel really good.

12) Getting a letter in the mail.

13) Crossing things off of my to-do list.

14) Waking up feeling completely rested.

15) Opening a brand new pack of pens.

16) Using those brand new pens.

17) Color coordinating my workout clothes.

18) Drinking a big glass of ice water.

19) Hearing my favorite song on the radio.

20) Flowers.


So those are 20 simple things in life to be happy about. I hope you enjoyed, and I hope you can find ways to be happy when you're feeling down.

Leave a comment saying what simple things make you happy - I'd love to hear from you!

***I want to make it clear that this post is in no way a clinical prescription for depression or anxiety. I simply want to share with you 20 thoughts that cheer me up when I'm feeling low.***




4 comments:

  1. This is a really cool post & reminds me of my daily entries in the 5 Minute Journal. You are supposed to think about the things that make you happy & things you're grateful for. Allll of these are awesome! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great - maybe I should try my hand at 5 minute journaling!

      Delete
  2. love this post and i agree with all of these!

    danielle | avec danielle / giveaway

    ReplyDelete